|WOW DPI Training Series|
WOW - Working on the Work
Working on the Work (WOW) is an annual, 4-part, FREE training series designed specifically for school-based teams of educators to deepen understanding, achieve consensus, and build success strategies for local implementation of Educator Effectiveness.
The 2016-17 WOW lineup of speakers includes top-tier leaders in education, offering your team access to some of the best minds in our field.
- Eric Twadell (Aug 18 & 19, 2016) Setting the Stage—Eric will set the stage by engaging participants in discussion around the importance of collaborative data use and a strategic assessment process throughout the school year. This session will focus on reigniting the passion and energy for data-driven instruction.
- Chris Jakicic (Oct 10 & 11, 2016) Leveraging Formative Assessment—Chris will help us focus on formative practices driving the critical questions, “Where are my students at right now?” and “What do they need next?” Chris will provide guidance around the use of formative practice to monitor student progress and drive instructional decisions.
- Tim Brown (Jan 31 & Feb 1, 2017) Student Engagement in the Assessment Process—Tim will explore the purpose and process of using data from formative practices to provide high quality feedback to students, emphasizing the importance of student participation in the formative process.
- Mike Mattos (Apr 26 & 27, 2017) What’s Next? - Mike will help educators reflect on their learning from WOW to determine the professional practices, systems, processes and resources necessary to sustain and improve upon their continuous cycle of improvement. and/or school improvement plan.
All registration is handled online, using the quickreg.com links provided below.
- Put together a team of 4-6 educators
- Choose four dates (one for each session).
- Online: Each team member must register individually (be sure everyone registers for the same dates!) Simply click on each of your 4 dates below to link to the registration page. Each event must be registered for separately.
Cost: FREE for WI Educators
Download PDF Flyer
Click below to register online:
||Thursday, August 18, 2016
||Friday, August 19, 2016
||Monday, October 10, 2016
||Tuesday, October 11, 2016
||Tuesday, January 31, 2017
||Wednesday, February 1, 2017
||Wednesday, April 26, 2017
||Thursday, April 27, 2017
CESA Contact(s): Al Betry and Linda Myers