The primary purpose of the School Improvement Services is to assist districts to improve the achievement of all students. CESA #9 accomplishes this through:
PROGRAM SUPPORT AND LEADERSHIP
- Provide upon request, direct assistance to district administrators and special education leadership personnel in increasing the effectiveness of special education program delivery.
- Provide leadership in general and special education program improvement initiatives.
- Take a leadership role in introducing new or innovative programs which support the individual needs of member school districts.
- Assist with the development of district/building profiles for the purpose of evaluating, developing and implementing existing and future school improvement initiatives.
- Provide networking (communication links) among all general and special education leadership personnel and administrators in the CESA #9 region and the DPI.
- Coordinate monthly meetings for special education leadership personnel.
- Develop communication networks for member school districts.
- Provide, through a variety of media, information on special education topics to a varied audience, e.g., parents, regular education personnel, special education personnel, administration, related agencies and others.
- Provide individual consultation to local member districts and parents within those districts pertaining to topical issues.
- Seek alternative funding sources for general and special education services/projects.
- Provide access to and support services for low incidence services, such as vision, orientation/mobility, traumatic brain injury, autism and school audiology.
- Arrange school-based services (third party reimbursement).
- Provide access to all competitive state grants, national grants, and discretionary project activities (excluding ATOD, Carl Perkins and other consortia).
Click here for upcoming Professional Learning Opportunties.
CESA 9 Contact: Al Betry, Director of School Improvement Services