SALT is a language sampling tool developed by Dr. Jon Miller and used by Speech and Language Pathologists.
SALT can help:
- Determine the existence of a handicapping condition in expressive language production
- Determine program intervention strategies
- Monitor student progress in language production.
SALT can also assist in the identification of:
- Utterance formulation problems
- Word finding problems
- Rate problems
- Pragmatic or discourse problems
- Semantic or reference deficits
- Delayed development
CESA #9 provides SALT transcription services to Speech and Language Pathologists who provide an audio tape or digital recording in narrative or conversation form. The cost of this service is $50.00 per language sample for CESA #9 school districts, (either narration or conversation). Schools located outside of CESA #9 will be charged $60.00 per language sample plus postage (if applicable).
CESA #9 will guarantee a turn-around time of no more than 3 weeks.
If your district is interested in using this service, contact:
CESA #9, PO Box 449, Tomahawk, WI 54487-0449