|ETP Program Requirements|
The following are requirements for consideration of admission to the CESA 9 Excellence in Teaching Program (ETP):
- Degree requirements: Bachelor’s degree (major or equivalent in the following areas: World Languages, Math, Science, English, Social Studies, Art, Music, Computer Science, Business) from an accredited college or university and an official copy of transcripts that verifies degree.
- GPA or equivalent: 2.75 or demonstration of academic growth including, but not limited to, successful continued coursework, military or employment-related learning that demonstrate a candidate’s ability to be successful in a rigorous program of academic study.
- Prior experience: 40 hours experience working with kids. Alternately, participants can enter the program with the expectation to complete 40 hours by the end of the first semester.
- Credential review process: Upon receipt of a candidate’s complete application packet, credentials will be reviewed by the CESA 9 ETP admissions team. DPI guidelines will be used to determine if a candidate possesses the necessary concentration of courses in the given subject area to ensure basic skills and mastery of subject matter knowledge.
- Candidate Interview Process: Selected candidates will be invited for an entrance interview prior to final admissions approval. This interview will help the admissions team determine if the candidate has the disposition desired for teaching and meets program requirements. All applicants will be notified of the status of admission (admission approved, admission denied). All admission decisions by the ETP team are final.
- A criminal background check is required for admission. Candidates will give permission for the background check and CESA 9 personnel will conduct the check.
- Completed application for admission including the contact information for (3) three references
- A current resume
- Evidence of a WI-DPI Teacher Licensing passing score on one of the following: ACT, SAT, GRE, Praxis CORE (or other DPI-approved criteria). The Praxis II content area test for desired license (or other DPI-approved criteria) will need to be passed by the end of the first semester and prior to placement for student teaching. Admissions priority will be given to participants who have passed the content test.
- A $75.00 non-refundable application fee (payment to CESA 9 by check, money order or PayPal)
Please contact the ETP leaders at CESA 9 if you have any questions about the admission process or have difficulty fulfilling any of the requirements.