Act 166, Wis. Stat. 115.415 requires the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to develop an educator effectiveness
(EE) system and begin implementation of the system in the 2014-15 school year. Wisconsin’s Educator Effectiveness System was developed by and for educators. The system was designed collaboratively with Wisconsin educators and education leaders.
Fundamentally, the EE system must deliver information that:
- Guides effective practice aligned to student outcomes;
- Documents evidence of practice;
- Documents evidence of outcomes;
- Informs appropriate professional development;
- Informs educator preparation programs;
- Supports a full range of human resources decisions;
- Is credible, valid, reliable, comparable, and uniform across districts.