The Effectiveness Project: Answering the call for effective teachers and leaders in our schools
CESA 9 is pleased to partner with CESA 6 on the Effectiveness Project! CESA 6 initiated the The Effectiveness Project to design and help implement a professional evaluation system for teachers, educational specialists, leaders and administrators. The system will focus on both the process and product of high quality instruction, which includes: (1) standards of effective practice, and (2) student achievement. This system is framed around the research of Dr. James H. Stronge.
Features of this Professional Evaluation System
- Standards, indicators and rubrics to measure the process of teaching and leading (practices) and the products of teaching and leading (student learner outcomes).
- Training for those who are responsible for implementing evaluations to assure fidelity.
- Coaching and calibration trainings to assure accuracy.
- Professional development based on performance evaluation data to assure all individuals have resources to improve their professional practice.
- Embedded technology will increase efficiency and data collection.
"Teaching IS complicated. It IS rocket science. We must be willing to measure and monitor our own ranks!"
-Dr. James Stronge, 2011
Project Information: Linda Myers